Have you ever wondered how much gas your EcoSport actually consumes? I am not talking about the estimated fuel consumption shown in the information display, but rather an actual computation. There is a way to compute for the actual fuel consumption, and it is called the Full Tank Method.
To measure how much fuel is used:
1. Start by filling the vehicle’s fuel tank (full tank).
2. Travel to your destination, keeping in mind the road distance.
3. Once you’ve arrived, get another full tank.
4. Take note of the number of liters you were able to fill. This corresponds to the amount of fuel that you consumed.
5. To get the actual fuel consumption, find the ratio between road distance and the amount of gas consumed.
Road Distance Traveled: 690 km (Manila-Bataan-Manila-Daet) (see Step 2)
Fuel Consumed: 46.56 liters (see Step 4)
690 km ÷ 46.56 liter = 14.8 km per liter fuel consumption (see Step 5)
ACCESS IS FREE, BUT HELP IS APPRECIATED
Through this blog, I intend to share things that I discover with our EcoSport. To donate a liter of gas to EcoSport DIY Series, click here.
© Anthony Urbano (Manila, Philippines)